Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Silver Lining



I have heard from many people that they are sick of the cold and snow. Me too. I don't really like winter to begin with. It involves entirely too many days where going outside is not an option (I have to say option, because even in the summer I stay indoors, but I could go outside if I wanted).
To me the only things that make winter worth it are...

Glitter mornings—that is when the ice crystals have frozen on to everything and then they come off and float around in the air and everything sparkles. It is like being in a fantasy ice kingdom (very cool).

No scorpions. This may sound random, but I appreciate that I live in a climate that does not come with creepy things with stingers on their tails. So, it snows some a lot, but at least there are no scorpions.

You have to find the silver lining somewhere.

5 comments:

Kayla said...

I love that you always see the glass as half full! =D I must say I am also very glad that we don't live in scorpion climate! And I also love the sparkley mornings...so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Yes. I never thought of that.

meganmushrat said...

Despite the snow, be glad you don't live in polar bear country - and that you don't live in an igloo!

Stacy said...

I have missed a few posts, but just caught your dog one. I couldn't have put it more perfectly, except that I am still kinda waiting for our dog to grow on me and that I could add five more dog things to your list of things that make me shutter. David keeps telling me that dog's mouths are more clean than ours, but I'll never believe it and if he does, he can kiss the dog instead of me.

K Cazier said...

Ohhh, I am sick of winter too. I have never liked the cold although, Kolby tries to convince me that I do. I have missed so much lately, I don't think that I have been on my computer for weeks... So I just wanted to say Happy Birthday and the pictures of you are soooo cute!!! I have always thought that you are adorable!!!