Thursday, September 8, 2011

Block Party

Labor Day was a calm one around here. I finally got out to see The Help. It was so good. The book was amazing and I thought they did a fabulous job with the movie. All the characters were believable and evoked emotion, whether good or bad.

In the evening, we had no plans, but the neighborhood put together a huge block party, compliments of the Marty Sutton Band. Here they are playing.


It was loud, but awesome.

We just lined up across the street, ate food, and enjoyed a day off.


We kicked up our feet; literally.



The kids played, the band jammed, and we relaxed. It was a great way to close the day. I love that we celebrate Labor Day by trying to do the least amount of work possible. Okay, that isn't exactly true for all of us, but it certainly is a good day to be thankful that we can work...other days.

p.s. I bought those flip-flops on my honeymoon. They are a little worn on the bottom, but still very comfortable. Most shoes don't last 12 years.

5 comments:

Deanne said...

I'm bummed that we had plans. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Hopefully we can catch the band next time.

¡Vieve! said...

That looks like a lot of fun! And how awesome that your flip flops have lasted so long!

Emma Jo said...

Sweet gig. That's my kind of party.

Suzie Petunia said...

Can I move into your neighborhood? And what brand flip flops lasts 12 years? Impressive!

meganmushrat said...

I am constantly amazed at the things you find to do that are so utterly awesome. It surely makes our own lives seem humdrum and commonplace. Glad you had a good time.