Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Back to School

Last night we went to back-to-school night and I had a moment, looking around the all too familiar halls, where I felt like we had never left. Did we have a summer? Where did it go so quickly? Are we truly back to homework and projects and the grind?

Yes....yes we are.

This morning was a crazy rush of herding kids out the door at the appropriate hour. But we all made it, and even more shocking--I got pictures. Let's take a look at my lovelies and their favorite things at this point in time.





Can't believe they are all getting so big. I am slightly in denial about Daisy being in school all day, but I do like that she can ride the bus with her sisters. Aren't they so cute waiting for the bus?


I would like to say that Pearl and I had a fantastic day of bonding, but instead I went to Education week. In fact, this will be an insane week of running away at every possible moment to go to classes. Don't worry, I deliberately came home in the afternoon to welcome children with fresh baked cookies. This made me feel less guilty when I wasn't home to tuck them in tonight. Pearl and I will have to do some extra bonding next week.

In case you were wondering my burn is doing much better. Dad, I can't thank you enough for the Carrasyn gel. It was a life saver. My arm looked so good the second day, and didn't hurt at all. There is still a blister that could potentially pop, but I am being careful. It hasn't slowed me down hardly at all.

And now I must run to bed in order to get up and do it all again tomorrow. Phew.

1 comment:

meganmushrat said...

Dad was so pleased that the gel he gave you helped. He said that finally he had done something right! Your kids are so cute. June is turning into quite the young lady.