Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Kuh....King

I'm a little behind in my blogging duties. I'm not even sure what happened in week ten, let alone have pictures to put on here. But I will try and get my life organized. If anything, I should have a lot of down time in about six days when the majority of my distractions will be at school six hours a day. However, my main goal this school year is to NOT ignore Pearl, or resort to dissolving her brain slowly with the television. At the same time, I think I have earned some time to myself. It is tricky balance, but I think I can come up with something.

In the meantime, someone completed her resolutions for 2014!! (Hint: It is not me. Sadly, I have not even thought about herbs this year. I still have time...)


That was Pearl in January.

Just last night, she was asking for gum for the millionth time this week. (Uh...gum. How I dislike thee.) Despite having told her 'No' for the millionth time this week, I stopped short and said, "Pearl, say 'gum' again. (Besides the 'k' sound, Pearl struggles with the 'g' sound. When she asks for 'gum' she usually says 'dum'. This breaks up the monotony of the constant asking, because at least I giggle to myself when she wants 'dum.')

Pearl: Gum. (Said perfectly.)

Mom: Wow, that was fantastic. Hey, say King.

Pearl: King. (Also said correctly)

Mom: WHAT?!?!! That is amazing. Say kite, kitten, and girl.


Needless to say she got all the words I threw at her. She still trips up sometimes and says a 'd' sound instead of 'g', but she now knows the difference. I'm so proud of her, but I will miss her saying "Cha-ching" instead of "Kuh-King." Love my sweety Pearl.


1 comment:

meganmushrat said...

Gosh - do I have to change the fairy stories so she is pronouncing her 'k' correctly? I'm proud of her too!