Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Colorful Vacation

When Christmas vacation started we sat down and made a list of things we would like to do/accomplish. Some things were guaranteed to happen and others were up in the air depending on time and money. 

The kids especially wanted to go to Color Me Mine, but that falls into the category of less accessible depending on funds. (When you send half a dozen people to paint, it gets pricey.)

Happily, my amazing Uncle Tim and his family gave our family some Christmas cash for the holidays. (I don't care if people say money is impersonal. Are you kidding? You get just the gifts you want!)

So, we took the family out to good 'ol Color Me Mine. One day I will look around my house and be flabbergasted by the amount of painted ceramic in our midst. But it will bring lovely memories.

We got the pieces back on New Year's Day. I brought home the bag and didn't open anyone's early, so we could do the big reveal.


Let's see what's in the bag. June made some ornaments. I love them both.



Pearl made a tree ornament.


Daisy did a penguin. 


I didn't realize until we got home and I saw her penguins together that she had made a buddy for her Beanie Boo. They are matchy.


Ivory did a fancy snake goblet. Can you see the tip of his tongue on the inside?


Robyn made a cute, colorful mug. (Love the rainbow handle.)


And I made another plate. 


Halfway to my set of eight dessert plates.


Maybe I'll take myself again for my birthday?

*Sorry, you may not be able to read the plate. It is a lemon bar and it says, "Easy Peasy"

No comments: