Wednesday, March 16, 2016

P-P-P-Pi Day

It is a strange little holiday to be thrown into the middle of march. Although, if you recall, every day is celebrating something.

If you really cared, I would mention that today is:

National Artichoke Hearts Day
National Everything You Do is Right Day
National Freedom of Information Day
National Kick Butts Day

(I'm not making these up.)

Interesting that you can kick someone's butt and it will be considered okay because everything you do is right today? (Lucky you.)

Pi Day is one I try not to miss, because I don't mind an excuse to eat pie. I wish I had made my own pie, or splurged for Village Inn. The pies from the store were okay...but if I'm forced to eat extra calories, they'd better be good ones.

We opted for Pecan and Strawberry Rhubarb.


I'm not sure if the kids had ever had Pecan before. June and Robyn really liked it. Daisy and Ivory couldn't get past how it looked. (I get it. I still don't think I've sampled mincemeat pie.) Pearl did try it and declared she really didn't like it.

In honor of P-P-P-Pi Day, I give you 'P' pictures of Pie.

PERUSE PIE


POINT TO PIE


PROCEED WITH PIE



PONDER PIE



PINCH OF PIE



PROTECT PIE



PIE, PERIOD
 

Pearl likes to end her sentences with "PERIOD" to give them more emphasis. I'm not sure if she is trying to say 'that is how it is' or 'I know a period comes at the end of a sentence.' Either way, it makes me laugh.

Period.

No comments: