Thursday, February 16, 2017

Puppy Love

We have had a few neighbors whose dogs have had puppies recently. One friend in particular is breeding her Golden Retrievers with a Poodle to get Golden Doodles. Her two retrievers had puppies within days of each other. They both had 8 puppies.

What do you get when you have 8 puppies + 8 puppies? Answer: A whole lot of girls who want to visit. She Jessica let us come over shortly after they were born. They were small and their eyes were still closed. They made hardly any noise. Such cute little buggers.


One momma had 6 pure black puppies and two cream ones. The other momma had 6 cream puppies and two black ones with white spots on their paws. Strange how they were backward. Jessica told me the pure black ones are more rare and so they cost more.

Luckily I'm not interested in a puppy since these little guys cost over $1,000.

We came back again a few weeks later. Eyes were just opening and puppies were stumbling around as they got their legs under themselves. Also, they were much louder. Plenty of pathetic little yips. They wanted to snuggle and be warm, so there were a few who would tell you about their discomforts.




They were really very cute and fun to hold. By now they are being sold. I think Jessica only has nine left at the house and three that don't have a home. I am happy to go snuggle on puppies. I'm just not ready to bring one home...

p.s. I did take all the kids. It is just random that I had pictures of Pearl and Robyn each time.

p.p.s. Speaking of puppy love, you might notice Robyn wearing a necklace in those pictures. A boy in one of her classes has taken a shine to her. He gave her the necklace at their Christmas concert. Just a few days ago, he gave a heart shaped box of chocolates and asked her to be his Valentine. (I would have gotten a picture, but I'm sure she wouldn't have stood for it.) Robyn likes this boy as a friend, not more, but I'm pretty sure she is flattered by the attention.

2 comments:

Sharona said...

Puppies! And a boy! Too cute to be in the sane post.

meganmushrat said...

Puppies are very cute, but I shudder at the thought of having to housebreak them, and train them not to chew on everything. I guess I'm still a cat person at heart; even though I do think our dog is pretty cute.