Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Keeping the Tooth Fairy in Business

It seems teeth like to fall out around the same time around here. Just the other week, three girls separately came to me and told me to wiggle a tooth. I was impressed with all the looseness. I made some bets in my mind about whose tooth would go first. (Too bad I can't remember what they were, but I'm pretty sure I lost.)

First up...Ivory. She lost hers at school and came home with one of those cute little tooth boxes. She is losing side teeth now.


The NEXT DAY Daisy came home with her own little tooth box. Don't be fooled, those front teeth have been out since October. She lost one down below.


I had to get pictures of these two cuties who lost teeth one day apart.


Not to be left out, Pearl had a great loose tooth. It is her FIRST! She was so excited, but that thing was sure hanging on. She could push it out in front. Looks so silly.


But like all baby teeth, it eventually had to go. She lost it at school as well. (I feel like I should buy some tooth boxes to reimburse the school.) Oddly enough, Pearl was one of three kids in her class to lose a tooth that day. She told me that a girl lost one in the morning, and while Pearl was walking back to class, after getting her box, she passed a boy from her room who was going to get his own tooth container. I'm sure that isn't a record, but it is still remarkable.


Pearl lost her tooth while Dad was out of town, so we had to take a picture and send it to him. It is really hard to take a picture of something so small. I put it on a green background so it would show up better.


But wait...we aren't finished yet.

It was Ivory's turn, again! She lost her next one in Idaho. She said she bit down and it kinda hurt and she reached in and pulled out a tooth. There was no root whatsoever on it. I'm amazed it was still in her mouth. One more down for her.


Pearl still has some loose ones as well as Daisy, but for now the tooth fairy can take a break. She has been working overtime.

1 comment:

meganmushrat said...

Be sure to remind them of the story of how I pulled out four of my teeth when I was ten, when I was mad at Grandma. The pain really cemented the memory in me! Hope there wasn't too much pain with all these loose teeth.