Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Brace Face 40.0

Yesterday I took the kids into the orthodontist. Ivory has been getting close to her full set of braces. But she wasn't quite ready. They want her canine teeth to come in a little more.

Daisy is getting closer to her time in braces. We thought she would be much older, but they want to catch her while she is still losing teeth, so she will be up for a full set next year.

But I was ready. There was nothing holding me back, except a grumpy Ivory (who very much wanted me to get braces at the same time with her).

So...today. Braces.

I told the kids I would get a before and after. (I didn't even forget.)

BEFORE


AFTER


Nothing shows you how crooked your teeth are as much as getting braces. My wire is like a heartbeat jumping up and down. Eventually that will be straight, but I have a year in these bad boys. Twelve months. Every season. Can't wait.

Right now I feel like someone put all this stuff in my mouth and I can't take it out. (Which is exactly what they did.) And I can't bite down. Because of bumpers and such, my back teeth don't really meet. I'm not sure how I would chew anything. This may be the best diet I have ever been on. Unless I can only eat shakes. Counter productive.

If my kids could do it, I can too. I certainly have more respect for them.

And I got a cool t-shirt. I love sharks, so this shirt is just my style.



No comments: