Thursday, February 7, 2019

Mini Art Show

Our school has the mega art show at the end of the year. However, our art teacher changed and with a new teacher comes new ideas and methods. I'm trying to be understanding. I wouldn't want to be told how to do things, but it is hard to let go of some of the old ways.

For instance, right before Christmas, the art teacher put up a mini art show with all the pieces the kids had done so far. He doesn't like the idea of holding onto all the art until the end. He is really a great guy and I support him, but I will miss the big art show at the end. It really was dear to my heart.

It does mean that I will probably take less pictures. I think the art pictures alone made me have to do the 2018 blog books in three parts.

The art show in December was very cool, but not organized by section. All the art was mixed together and I wasn't quite sure what the projects were supposed to be? I did recognize elongation...that one is easy to recognize. But the rest? Not sure. However, it doesn't stop me from choosing my favorite pieces and putting them on here.

Let's start with Robyn's. She admits these aren't her favorite projects, but I like them all. (I liked some of her inktober art more. Remember, she did all that art as an extra project.) This is her elongation. I think it was the first project she did this school year.


I'm not even sure what this project was. Something about painting.


This is more paint practice but with monochromatic. (Does the subject look familiar?)


This was Robyn's favorite.


My favorite is similar. I also liked a black and white.


And here are some others that caught my eye enough to include them.







It was a different kind of art show and we never got the whole family over to see it, but I still enjoyed it very much.

No comments: