Monday, February 25, 2019

Here We Come A Caroling

Caroling is one of our favorite holiday traditions. The Hulse's came with us last year and they seemed pretty interested to come again. And that sounded fantastic to us. June made our gift tags to go on the plates again. These are adorable.




I'm so sorry I didn't get a picture of the plates. They were stacked with goodness. Toffee, fudge, chex mix, kiss cookies, and something else I can't remember. So delicious.


As usual, we each chose some families. I cheated and warned one of my families in advance, but they live so far away that I didn't want to risk driving out there and not finding them home. Plus, they are in a new house and I wasn't even sure how to get there. Without instructions, we probably wouldn't have found it.


But we did find it and the Taylor's were waiting for us with cookies and hot chocolate. (Maybe I should warn everyone?) She thought it was so fun that we came out to sing to her. (She has Ivory, Robyn, and Jane in her class so she knows all of us to a degree.) They are such a cute little family.




Many of the families were not home. That is just how it goes. We even sang to a random family. The one we picked wasn't there, so we went next door where the lights were one. Hopefully they needed some extra Christmas cheer and some goodies.


Here we are singing at a house that wasn't home. We still sing the whole song...it's good practice.




One of the best houses was the Underwood's. While I was in my Girls Camp calling, he would tell me all the time about his Christmas village, so I had to go see for myself. But it seems only right to bring treats. It was truly amazing. He had a train that went around the tree, and all the buildings he helped build with his father or his children. It was really cool. But my favorite part was the Christmas tree. Brother Underwood is a fireman and paramedic and his whole tree was covered in fireman ornaments. I'm sad this picture doesn't do it justice. I could have looked at his tree for a long while seeing all the fun fireman themed decorations. Super cool.




We stopped by Ember's house towards the end. I'm so happy we caught them at home. And they were even kind enough to take a picture for us so we had a group photo. (I often forget those.)




What can I say? Caroling is dear to my heart. It makes me excited for December all over again. Although I am more than excited for the cold weather to be over for a while. December...I love you, but I'll take my time getting there.

No comments: