Friday, February 1, 2019

Cutest Couple

Daisy would like me to be very clear that she does not like Henry more than a friend. That said, they are the cutest couple when they dance ballroom. We try not to tease her, but it slips out now and then. Henry and Daisy have been dancing for two years now. They work together and as you will see from this post, they have each other's back.

This dance competition was in January and it happened to land on a Saturday when Tyler was just experiencing the first agonizing pangs of kidney stones. (Why does everything happen at once?) Bethany was a life saver and not only drove Daisy to the competition, but she also came to the hospital to pick up kids and take them back home. I feel so blessed to have great friends.

Luckily, I was still able to come and watch and get some video. In fact, when I got there I found our team all ready to go in the hallway. I hadn't missed a thing. Daisy and Henry got to carry the sign.


The competition went the usual way. Daisy and Henry's assigned dance was Swing. (Come to think about it, they didn't have an all-around couple this time. Not sure why?) Here they are headed out to the floor and getting ready. Level 2 kids wore roses in their hair and Daisy was on the aqua team. June did her hair in an official ballroom seashell bun. (Also blessed to have kids help other kids get ready since I wasn't around.)



Here they go. Beth is shouting at Henry to roll during the dance. They had practiced a part where he spun around, but I guess they didn't feel comfortable enough to try it on the floor.


Then each couple gets a surprise dance. I wanted so much for them to get Foxtrot. They are just lovely dancing that one. There was only one dance they didn't want and that was Merengue. They didn't feel they had practiced that one as much. Here is Daisy's happy face as she waits to here what they pick out of the hat.


Of course, you know what they picked right? Merengue. Daisy was kind of freaking out. You could see her saying, 'I can't remember the steps.' And then Henry looked her in the eye and said, 'Follow Me'. Here is his face trying to help Daisy focus.



And I think they did a great job. You two are awesome!


There are always some fun performances while the judges total everything. The teachers danced. Not our teacher, but some teachers anyway. It was a cute Lindy Hop. And there was a professional couple, Kayci and Casey. (Yes, they both have the same name, spelled differently.) They do a great job. So beautiful.



Finally the kids showed off and did a big group dance they had learned to the Greatest Showman. Daisy is right up in front for a bit.


And I love this picture because they are all posing at the end, but Daisy is looking right at me. She knows where I am.


I had to leave a little early, but Beth got a picture of the kids with their ribbons. Their team got silver. I think Daisy and Henry were fantastic. I think they have one or two more competitions coming up this Spring. I'm excited to watch them again.


No comments: