Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Strictly Ballroom

When I was getting ready to do the concert post, there were TOO many concerts. So I decided to give ballroom its own post. This post is strictly ballroom. (Haha)

We have two kids doing ballroom currently. June is on the High School Team and Daisy is doing Level 2 at the Elementary. They both are so cute. I think ballroom is my favorite thing to watch.

June was part of a large performance. They had several dance teams and groups come that evening and her dances were mixed in with many others. I took stills and Tyler recorded. It is so nice to have two parents on the job.

First up was Underneath the Tree. This was an all girls number. June is third from the left. And she ends up front left in the huddle. I have to admit that when a dance starts, I spend a bit of time trying to decide which one is her. Even Tyler gets confused on some of the videos. (Give us some slack. They are all dressed the same.)



The next song was Oogie Boogie. It was fun, but most of it was dark. June told us later that the tech crew got the lights all wrong. June is front right at the beginning and ends up on the left later. See if you can follow her.




The final number was All I Want for Christmas is You. June is second from the left. I think the little Santa dresses are very cute. I'm so proud of June for trying something new that she isn't entirely comfortable with.




It was a great concert, especially if you don't count the super weird 12 minute interpretive dance by Gabby and the Orcas. (That is not their actual name. Our family has renamed them. And we actually enjoy most of their numbers. Just not that one.) I love seeing these girls support each other.


Daisy did not have a big performance. They were able to do their dance on the last day of school before the sing thing they do. Miss Tamie had costumes for them and they were so adorable.


The team is great this year. I think Daisy has really enjoyed doing ballroom again, even though it is a bit harder doing level 2.


They danced to Jingle Bell Rock. Daisy is to the right of the middle, in the front. You can usually pick her out with her glasses. She has a mini solo towards the end. She is awesome!


I love what ballroom does for the girls. It helps them with confidence and coordination. And they look beautiful as well. Daisy and I took a fancy selfie for the road. Even moms can dress up a bit sometimes.


No comments: