Monday, January 21, 2019

Concert Mania

Are you ready for this?? I have never put so many videos into one post as far as I can remember. These are from our winter concert season. If you recall from the last concert post, this is the YOU DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH TO DO THIS SEASON CONCERT. December is so packed, but we managed to get it all done. Granted, I think the band concert and orchestra concert were the same night, but that is why you have two parents. So we have snippets from everything. So let's get going...

First up. Choir. I really love the choir concerts. Have I mentioned how happy I am that Ivory is taking choir. They did some really fun numbers this time around. They even dressed up in fun winter clothes for a few songs. Here is Ivory just to the right of the middle with the black and red cap. She didn't play the chimes in this one, but you can see the chime players on the side.


Here they are prepping for their next number, The Little Drummer Boy. I loved this version with the boys singing a counter melody in between parum pa pum pum.



This next number was very cool. I believe it is called Come to Bethlehem. They turned off all the lights so you can't see anything, but if you hear the triangle, that is Ivory.


Ivory seems to really like choir and I hear her singing the alto part naturally on so many songs. I may require her to be in choir for the rest of Junior High and High School.


Next up was band. Ivory played first in Beginning Band. She is on the sleigh bells in Sleighride. Jane was rocking the slap stick.


Ivory got to play a couple other instruments as well including snare and marimba.



Next up was Robyn in Symphonic Band. They did a Nutcracker Medley that I really liked. I don't love the Nutcracker Ballet, but I love the music.


Robyn got to help out on a special number. The Concert (middle) band played African Bell Carol and because she and Tim had played it in Honor band, they were invited to help out with the drums. They did a great job.


Next up, my favorite, the percussion. They played a song called Jingle Bells? The question mark is part of the song.


And finally Jazz Band. I missed the number where Robyn had a solo. They didn't announce it beforehand. But I did get a picture of this cutie on the piano. She really enjoys playing.


The student teacher that helped out during the semester said goodbye. Miss Marble was awesome. She will be missed. I think she will make a great band teacher somewhere. (And hello AJ, our neighbor who let me take a picture of him too.)


But, don't you worry. I found out that Robyn was playing the same songs at the end of year concert, so I snuck in during school and recorded her solo. Yes, I am a sneaky mom. Enjoy Santa Claus is Coming to Town.



Are you hanging in there? I feel sorry for the blog book who can't listen to all this great music. It really is fantastic, and there is more to come. Next up is Orchestra. This is the concert that I missed, but Tyler was kind enough to record some songs. Sadly, his sound isn't as good as mine, but I think you get the picture.

Mr. Bowman had a lot of the groups playing together at different times. Here is June playing with the wind symphony.


And here is the Advanced Orchestra taking their bows.


This is the song they played with the student teacher. It was so different and really a fun piece for orchestra. It is called Wizards in Winter.


Also done that night was a group event with orchestra, some band instruments, and choir. They did the Hallelujah Chorus, which is awesome. I happened to see it again later on during an assembly and recorded it. So with better sound, here it is.


Not to leave out the cute littles, they did their Christmas sing event, but I didn't record anything. But see if you can find Pearl and Daisy in these pictures. They did a cute job.



And just like that, you have survived the winter concert series. Except of course, the ballroom performances, but that is for another post...

No comments: