Monday, January 7, 2019

Who Slayed Santa?

One of our favorite things during the Christmas season is the Scoresby's party. It is always a blast. This year, Keri decided to mix it up a little. She did a murder mystery. Tyler and I were totally on board. I know some people don't love dressing up and acting like other people, but we dig it. We are naturally kind of loud and annoying.

The story of the party was that someone killed Santa...gunned him down on Candycane Lane in  Christmas Village. Who could have done such a thing? Was it Norma Nightshade? She hosts a late night horror channel. She is macabre and morbid. It seems right up her alley.




Or could it be Carney Vale, that really loud, rude, carnival ride worker? He has nothing nice to say to anyone and no one has anything nice to say back to him.



And did you see the tattoo that Carney has? Anyone who likes creepy clowns is probably not a great guy.


Tyler and I had a lot of fun putting together our costumes. Oddly, I feel like I look like my sister because she wears black much more often than I do.


We arrived in style and Tyler added the last element of his costume...the crazy mustache. It has a personality of its own, but sadly, it wouldn't stay on his face very well.


We spent most of the evening mingling with others and learning secrets and intrigue. We had our clues about ourselves and things we needed to learn about others. For instance, I killed my late husband. He wasn't a nice guy and was always yelling at me. I am very happy with how quiet my house is now.

I can only imagine what Tyler's clues said. He was not a nice guy and everyone hated him. As I walked around, I realized that Tyler was going to be killed and the killer would be the person who hated him the most. (I hated him because he found out about my husband and was blackmailing me.)

Sure enough, Tyler confessed to murdering Santa and moments later, he was killed in the hallway. He came back in with a white face and flopped on the floor. He even put some salsa on his neck later to make it look more authentic. Yuck.

I tried to figure out who killed him...so many of us had motive, but I never really talked to the person who did it, so my guess wasn't right. Doesn't matter though, the evening was very fun. Keri took some pictures, so I'll add people on here.

Crystal and Evan


Suzy and Brad


Julie and James (Julie was a professional victim. Her costume was great. She came in a boot and I totally thought she has injured herself in real life. Awesome.)


Cheri and David


Becca and Doug


Marnie and Steve


Barb and Rich


Trudy and Oz


Jenny and Craig


Tyler and Maleen


It was a really fun evening. Funny story: We were supposed to contact people before the party and say some things to them. I had Barb and I told her she was one of the worst nurses I had ever had. (I guess Norma, my character, had a bout with the flu and didn't like her care.) Barb thought I was a real person sending hateful texts. She told me I was a horrible person, and I felt awful and confessed that it was for the party. It was actually kind of funny since Barb does work in the ER. She said she thought she would remember someone called Norma Nightshade.

No comments: