Friday, September 7, 2007

The Idahoan Bunch

We spent the last weekend up in Idaho and it is always fun to visit family in that direction. Tyler's parents live there along with his two siblings and they always treat us like family. Kolby (the oldest brother) and Kathryn have three energetic boys. Kathryn may be about the nicest person I have ever met and we love seeing their family. June and KJ (both 4) love to play together and I am always amazed at how well they do. Kathryn tells me KJ is the rowdiest, but he plays princesses with June and I think they are adorable together.



These are her older boys Hinckley (7) and Kaysen (8). I think they look super cute with long hair. This is the first time I have seen them without a buzz cut.

The younger brother J.R. (Tyler is the middle boy) and Amber have a little girl Rozzlyn and another on the way, due any day really. I snuck a picture of the belly, but I still don't think Amber looks pregnant enough to be due this month.



Pregnant Amber with Kolby in the background and Rozz at Grandpa's feet. You can tell they are Grandpa's because he always wears pink socks (and I mean ALWAYS!)

One of my favorite traditions that the Cazier's do is family prayer. Everyone kneels down at the end of the day and we all pray together. However, there is a catch. The last one kneeling is the one who says the prayer. I have never seen such a scramble of people. One person's knees touch the ground and there are people flying off the sofa, running from the other room, hurdling chairs, and pushing people out of the way. Sometimes an unsuspecting person will enter a room filled with people already on their knees and they know they have to pray. It is an odd tradition but really quite fun.


I think this was taken right after a prayer. I was supposed to be the hapless victim, but it took me too long to get there so Kolby prayed.

The Idaho crew are great people. We always have a great time when we visit, and after driving to California, a trip to Idaho doesn't seem like much of a drive. :)

1 comment:

Deanne said...

What fun! I love the pink socks and the prayer tradition, and the fact that they treat you like family. That's nice!