Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Proper Care

I don't know how other couples enjoy time together but Tyler and I like to read and throughout our marriage I have read a large number of books aloud to him. We haven't read as many in the last year or so. It is harder to find time with our callings and three children. However we happened upon Dr. Laura's book The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands. I decided I wanted to read the book and Tyler decided that he wanted to hear it. We have had many good laughs and a little introspection into our habits (good and bad). There are many comments from men in the book, but I have to say my favorite so far came in chapter six. Steve offers this short piece of advice...

"We need more sex. Once a day is fine."

Sorry for the blunt wording, but I thought it was hilarious.
Tyler thinks this is very good advice, but then again--he would.
I really do recommend this book to women all over and only read it aloud if you have a healthy relationship. If not, it may cause heated discussions.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good advice, Steve.

jennie said...

I picked up Dr Laura's book once, and don't worry-- I sure skipped to the chapters about sex. I thought it was interesting and certainly made sense that if you do everything in your power to please your spouse, of course you'll be happier. However...I have to say that deep, deep inside me there is a bit of a feminist, and that feminist in me HATED the title of the book.

Ker said...

Well I too have read this book! It is a great read and very good advice. I am with Jennie though! I HATE the title TOO! And Steve is with Steve and the raging stallion! I think it is a man thing.

Deanne said...

I thought it was a cookbook...

Maleen said...

Well, it covers many topics, including discussions about feeding husbands, but there are not any recipes of that sort.

Anonymous said...

I'll have to get this book! I'm sure Mark and I can get some good laughs also...I'll choose what to read aloud to him, of course. But I'm sure he'll agree with Steve and Tyler!

Jodi said...

I have read this book and throughly enjoyed it- you should try her book on parenting as well. It is worth a read. I have it somewhere if you ever want to borrow it...