Wednesday, September 26, 2007

These are a Few of my Favorite Things...

I know I should be keeping a gratitude journal and writing down daily what I am thankful for, but I procrastinate. Don't get me started on procrastination (well, I'll just tell you about it later). In the meantime, I thought that I would just tell you a few things that I am thankful for at the moment.

1. My amazing Tyler

Okay, so he is always amazing, but sometimes he even outdoes himself. I love clothes and I love to shop, but even more I love it when Tyler picks something out for me, because we wives would like to dress nicely for our husbands, but usually we have no clue what they like, so we do the best we can regardless. Well, sometimes Tyler decides that he likes something and he will go out and buy it for me. Last night, he came home with three shopping bags with fun new shirts and a shrug/cropped hoodie. It made my day. I love you honey. You make me feel beautiful!

Another thing I am thankful for is my cute June who actually took this picture for me. She's getting the hang of it.


2. Stubborn Enjoyment

Ivory is such a funny duck. When I ask her for kisses now, she turns her head away and tries with all her might to escape. I never let her of course, and I cover her with kisses, especially on her cheeks and chin. Then when I cease the onslaught, she says, "more". I kiss her all over again and then stop and she says, "more." She usually only uses the word 'more' when it comes to food (something she is very serious about) but I love that although she pretends to disregard my kisses, she secretly wants more. I hope that is always the case.

This is Ivory saying "more" after getting a kiss attack.

3. Simple Pleasures

This probably goes back to the shopping thing (I really like getting stuff--please tell me I am not the only one out there!). I bought some sun catchers and put them in my window. They are just little pieces of fall (a scarecrow, a sunflower, corn, a turkey, a crow, and a pumpkin). And I just love them. When I see them I smile and they brighten my day, especially when the sun is shining :) It is funny how a little thing can bring gladness to your heart.

If the pictures are fuzzy, it is because I haven't quite figured out closeups on my camera.


Anyway, that is just a few of the things I would put in my gratitude journal today! I challenge everyone out there to put three things on their blog that they are thankful for. I would love to see them. I know it isn't Thanksgiving yet, but it is never too soon to think about the great things in our lives.

6 comments:

Wright Family said...

Thanks for sharing. I will take you up on your challenge. So be looking...

Anonymous said...

Man, I'm the man! Bringing home clothes for my wife...I'm amazing! My husband points are going way up (until everyone read this, of course). Anyhow, I'm glad I can make Maleen happy--she makes me happy so, as they say, "Turnabout is fair play."

I figure I get to add my two cents here on my thankfullness here. First and foremost, I'm thankful for Maleen. Second and slightly less foremost, I'm thankful I'm no. 1 on Maleen's thankful list.

Third, I'm thankful for my new motorcycle. Maleen got clothes and I got a motorcycle--and I get with all the glory. I love being the husband!

Fourth, I'm thankful for the sense of humor of my wife, who understands that I joke around a lot and I do NOT have a new motorcycle.

I figure I probably outta say something about the cutest kids in the world--my kids in case anyone was wondering. I've got lots of smiles and hugs to wade through every night. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Hmmm, I figure I should also say something about the internet too, since if I'm not hanging with my wife and kids, I'm hanging with the double-u-double-u-double-u's.

So there you have it. I'm a pretty thankful guy, and I'm pretty thankful that I'm thankful. And I'm thankful other peeps are thankful too. I'm thankful that I just used the word, "thankful" six times (not including that last one) and it actually works in this post. The internet never ceases to amaze me.

Thanks Maleen,

Your Raging Stallion

Maleen said...

Holy Cow people! Please do not be intimidated by my husband's comments. He obviously needs a blog of his own.

Ker said...

WOW ! He does need his own blog, but hey he is da man!-- I mean da stallion! Love the post, and love your thankfuls and I too will take you up on your challenge!

Deanne said...

I will be thinking about my thankful list. Sometimes it's hard to narrow it down! I'll be posting soon...

Anonymous said...

Maleen that is so cool that Tyler surprised you with all those clothes! Way to go stallion man. I wish Eric would do that, but then I might be afraid of what he brought home. :) Also cute pictures of Ivory and the kissing attack!