Thursday, November 29, 2007

Summer in Winter

I am very excited for this holiday season and I have already gotten into the swing of decorating and doing Christmas activities, but today I sat down and stepped right back into summer.
Our treat this week uses raspberries, and I have been putting off making it because the raspberries looked so delicious. I needed a whole container, so I wasn't supposed to snitch. So these delectable treats have sat in my fridge not knowing their fate. I ended up at the store today needing an extension cord, and I passed by produce again just to check and all these perfect raspberries are on sale for 98 cents a container.
It didn't take longer than a few seconds to figure out the game plan. I bought a couple more for our treat and went home and pried open a container for myself. They were so delicious! I will have to save some for Tyler since I know he has been restraining himself as well. So if you have a moment and are craving just a piece of summer, Wal-mart (on Sandhill) is selling some for only 98 cents.

7 comments:

raging stallion said...

I want my rasberries!!!!

Frog Gel said...

I love rasberries. I will have to make that trip.

Desmama said...

Yum. Raspberries. What is this delectable treat you're making? I think my needs-creme-fraiche dessert might go out the window, what with trying to find it and all, so raspberries might be a good substitute.

Hot Chocolate said...

Wait wait wait...how do you and Desmama know each other?

And, ya, what's this treat?

Jodi Fairbanks said...

Raspberries are one of my favorite foods. Yum!! I am jealous.
By the way- way to go on always cooking and baking!

Deanne said...

YUM!

Kellie said...

I'm going right now! Those look so good! I guess I will get some milk while I'm at it...