Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day...the end.

Well, I wanted to finish up Father's Day and let you know that it ended much better than it started. We tried a new thing this year. We had a little Father's Day competition wherein the Dad's sampled 8 different ice cream flavors and tried to guess what they were. The kids were very cute taking the samples back and forth so the Dad's wouldn't see the ice cream. Check out these ponderous faces... Tyler was making me laugh. He was totally teasing June but she was clueless. She would bring back his bowl and say, "Dad knows this one. He said it was oak with a hint of walnut and a splash of lime."



Here is Brian pondering his ice cream.



I love how Daylen has a hint of a smile here, but it wouldn't surprise me since he rocked at this game. I think his score was 7 out of 8 correct. Not too shabby.



Tyler loves ice cream but his taste buds are obviously not very picky because he couldn't distinguish flavors as well as the other Dads. He told June that he won anyway though so she could be proud of him.

We also played a game where the women answered some questions about the Dads (like unto the newlywed game) and Tyler and I did not excel at this game either. People think we are two peas in a pod and I would agree but when it comes to those types of games, we bellyflop. It was still fun to play and the MacBean's took the win.

It was a good evening and a great way to end Father's Day, I think. I should give a shout out to my Dad as well. He lives far away in rainy Washington, and I wish we could visit more often. He is a great Dad in many ways, but my favorite thing about him is his laugh. It is one of my favorite sounds in the entire world, listening to my Dad laugh. Also, my Dad is very passionate about the gospel and religion. He taught me so much growing up and he has never lost his desire to learn more and share his knowledge. I really admire him for that. So Dad, I hope I am following in your footsteps at least a little. We miss you and we took this picture for you, but didn't get it printed or sent in time. But at least you can view it here. The girls are doing sign language. They are saying I love you.

7 comments:

Kayla said...

That picture of the girls doing sign language is darling. Who could not feel loved when they see that? I'm glad your fathers day plans turned out better the second half of the day!

Deanne said...

So sorry about the juice and pitcher catastrophe! It sounds like you handled it like a pro. Good idea with the ice cream tasting! What a fun day!

¡Vieve! said...

That picture is adorable! I always think those games like unto the Newlywed game would be hard!

Hopefully you at least knew one thing...right?

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

The ice cream game sounds fun. Jeff and I have also played that with Jelly Belly's, there are so many flavors it's kind a tuff.

Chelle! said...

Oh, that picture is absolutely adorable!!! Oh, I am sure your dad loved it!!!

Rynell said...

An ice cream tasting....that is an excellent idea. I think we're going to have to do that this weekend just because.

Looks like a great Father's Day despite the early catastrophes. Way to recover!

buhlersdayoff said...

cute and sorry we weren't there to participate in the grand adventures it looked like a lot of fun!!