Saturday, June 7, 2008

So Little Time...


I was going to wait until July to start on baby projects, but suddenly six weeks doesn't seem like a lot of time to get ready for a baby. So I will probably start next week.

On my list...

-Find and wash all my baby clothes.
-Buy some new items for things that are worn out or have way too many spit up stains.
-Find the swing and bouncer seat and reassemble (then try to keep the other three kids out of them).
-Make a list of things to take to the hospital and pack a bag (I won't do this until the end, because if I pack too early, labor seems more imminent).
-Put up the bassinet and find space in our room for the little one to sleep in there for at least a month or until I feel like walking farther in the middle of the night.
-Make sure the infant car seat is clean, find the base and get everyone used to the idea of sitting somewhere new in the car.

What seemed so far away is really around the corner. I am getting kind of excited.

6 comments:

Grygla Family said...

yeah! i am glad you are excited. it is kind of fun to prepare and anticipate the coming of your precious little one. we waited for awhile, which was good since brennan was late, but - it is always good to make a list and get started! have fun.

¡Vieve! said...

I am excited for you to have that baby. Mostly because, as I understand it, the farther along you get in a pregnancy, the more uncomfortable you are.

Stacy said...

The last few weeks of my pregnancy with Zander seemed to take longer than the entire pregnancy. I can't tell you how many times I did those things on your list over and over in anticipation. I became obsessed with having the house clean when I went to the hospital and because the days kept passing and no baby came, I got irritated by having to clean over and over.
But you are an old pro at this by now...right?

Cindy B said...

yea! Any time now, really. You are so close!

Chelle! said...

I can not believe how fast your pregancy seem to pass by. WOW!! Your sweet little one will be here before you know it.

Rynell said...

Hooray! The (blessed) end is in sight. At least that is how I feel about pregnancies.

Happy nesting to you!