Tuesday, September 2, 2008

For All You Anti-Feet People

I know some of you are not 'foot' people. I myself don't really care one way or another. I will give Tyler a foot massage as long as his feet are clean. So I am curious...you foot despisers...what is it about feet that you don't like? Is it the size, the shape, the smell, the fact that they are in constant contact with the ground (which is known to be somewhat dirty)? And then I ask you...

...how could you not love these little pigs?



For the record, I think they are the perfect size and shape, they don't smell and they hardly ever come in contact with the ground. In fact, I find myself kissing these little toes more often than not. That might be a stretch for you anti-feet people, but think it over; all feet started this cute.

And because I am extolling the virtues of my beautiful baby, here she is in her first bath.



We have been sponging her for quite a while since she didn't seem to like the water much. Turns out I had the temperature wrong; she likes a luke-warm bath. Now she takes to the water just fine.

7 comments:

Rynell said...

Baby feet are an exception because they are clean and kissable.

Melanie said...

I agree. Baby feet are adorable. Baby breath is also great up until a certain age when it starts to stink. Grown-up feet stink and they are hairy and as they get bigger they take on grotesque-looking shapes and the toes can get all funky.

Okay, so I think you get I'm not a foot person. ;)

Melanie said...

By the way, your daughter is adorable. :)

Kayla said...

These pictures are adorable! I love the feet pictures...so cute!

¡Vieve! said...

Baby feet are ok, but human feet...ew. I just never know where they have been, they are all confined all day in your shoes, so you could have stuff growing on them...there's too much wrong!

Chelle! said...

Oh, I do not like feet and toes are the worst. What is actually growing between those sweaty toes...too scary to even want to go there. BUT, yes, but, I do love baby feet. They are so delicious to kiss.

meganmushrat said...

I agree that feet start out looking cute, but get weirder looking as we get older. I am reminded of a poem that my father once wrote:
If heads were concealed
When nice people meet
Would they, when revealed,
Look as funny as feet?
Our grandson loves the smell of feet - go figure!