Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Posted by Maleen
My first baby turned six today. I love her more every day. Here are ten reasons I love June at age six:
1. She does things to make people happy (like giving spontaneous foot massages).
2. She asks really interesting questions that make me think.
3. She is beautiful, but not conceited at all.
4. She has her own sense of style (the stripes, prints, and polka dots are starting to look good together).
5. She always helps me when I ask her for something.
6. She is starting to understand when I am teasing her, and she plays along.
7. She is kind to her sisters and shares everything.
8. She still sleeps with her bear, Foot.
9. She likes fruit, but not chocolate chips (I wish that were true for me).
10. I can't imagine life without her; she made me a mommy first.
Her birthday was great. We had the whole day planned out. I made her a cup of fresh fruit this morning and I loved how she picked out all the grapes first, then the strawberries and finally the bananas. I asked if she ate the grapes first because they were her favorite, or least favorite; they were her favorite.
When she got home from school we had her cake all ready to eat after lunch and then she opened gifts.
The flower cake is in honor of her deep abiding love of les fleurs. Today I didn't take pictures of gift opening, I just sat back and enjoyed it. The biggest gift was a telescope from Dad. They are outside right now (it's 10:19 pm and they have been out there for over an hour) looking at stars. Tyler really likes Astronomy so he has been planting the seeds of star gazing in June so he could justify the gift. I don't mind because Daddy/daughter time is precious no matter how you pay for it.
In the evening we went to Jump On It, a huge trampoline play area. The girls all really enjoyed it (except maybe Robyn who got hurt a few times). As we were walking in, they were carrying out a girl with her ankle wrapped in ice; certainly not a good omen. Luckily, we all exited with no serious injuries. There is a trampoline area just for kids under 4 feet and there are several big blow-up jumping toys that are just for the younger children so the girls were well entertained.
Tyler really got into it and was doing several flips in a row (I wish I had gotten some pictures but there was too much movement and they all turned out blurry). Daisy was nice enough to sleep for almost the whole time so that Mom and Dad were able to jump around together.
Here is June saying, "I'm six!!"
Then we went to IHOP, where advantageously kids eat free on Tuesdays after 4pm. That was a great ending to a great day. June is almost asleep as I write this; a year older and just as sweet as can be.
at 9:31 PM