Friday, September 5, 2008

Merryweather

Ivory has been choosing Sleeping Beauty a lot recently when it is her turn to choose a movie. I really like the movie, so that doesn't bother me, although I personally think it should have been named The Three Good Fairies because they are featured much more than Aurora. She has a brief moment in the woods with the prince, but that is about it for her.
But like all movies that I watch over and over, I have begun to pick it apart. So, my question for all of you:

What gift do you think Merryweather was going to give to the little princess before Maleficent showed up? She ended up having to use her gift to change the curse from death to sleeping, but what was she going to bestow before that? I'm curious what you think?

I'm going to be gone to Idaho this weekend blessing Daisy with family, so I won't be blogging for a couple of days. You have plenty of time to answer, and please do...I am very curious what you think.
Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Let's see... The other two good fairies gave her the gift of beauty and the gift of song, if I'm not mistaken. Hmmm... Perhaps Merryweather was going to give her the gift of dance? Or some other important-only-in-fairy-tales thing. Personally, I'd like the gift of fabulous cook, or expert seamstress, or the gift of can-keep-house-with-one-hand-tied-behind-her-back. Hmmm...

Stacy said...

It has been awhile since I have watched Sleeping Beauty..it is not a top pick in a house full of boys. But is was always one of my favorites and if I remember correctly, Merryweather was the short pudgy one who was extremely selfish and demanded everything be blue (pink is the obvious choice for a disney princess, hello!). With that in mind, I can only assume her gift would have been inflicting her obsession with blue upon the unsuspecting newborn who clearly would grow up to look much better in pink :)

¡Vieve! said...

I don't think I've ever thought about what gift would have been given! I can't even think of what it would be-there's too many possibilities.