Tuesday, September 23, 2008

This Week

* Daisy is going to be a thumbsucker (98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed). I've never had to un-train a thumbsucker, so at the moment I am just relishing the fact that she can soothe herself. Our one other finger-sucker (Robyn if you must know) had an unfortunate accident that cured her of her finger-sucking in one day. I could hardly hope for the same thing with this one, but we'll see how long Daisy likes the thumb.

* Tyler is quite possibly the best griller alive. He cooked a couple of butterfly pork-chops on the grill tonight along with some zucchini and I could have died and gone to barbeque heaven. The kids loved it, and they even said they liked the zucchini (although no one asked for seconds). I told Tyler he would be grilling into the winter if I had my druthers (what are druthers anyway?).

* Note to self: Pumpkin Cheesecake takes four egg yolks and Coconut Macaroons take four egg whites. Whenever I make one I can never think of the other to put the eggs to good use. Now that I have found these two recipes, they will probably go hand in hand (as if I need to eat cheesecake and cookies all in the same week).

* We rented Ariel's Beginning which was very cute and the girls liked it (okay, I wanted to watch it too) and afterwards we all took the quiz to see which sister we were most like. June was like Attina (which is very fitting since they are both oldest sisters), Robyn was like Arista (this cute, carefree little blond mermaid) and Ivory and I were both like Ariel. Robyn was very disappointed that she wasn't like Ariel but what can you do? In the end, Tyler reluctantly agreed to take the test as well, and by gum...he was most like Sebastian. How did he manage that?

* Lastly, Tyler moved his office at work (which is not that exciting in itself, but it will be once the girls and I decorate it (Bwah hah hah). Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Rynell said...

You had me at Pumpkin cheesecake.

(But I enjoyed the rest too.)

¡Vieve! said...

If you make that pumpkin cheesecake, invite me over! I'd love to taste yours!