Saturday, April 10, 2010

Bink Envy

Yep, still have those Easter posts to do, but family just left and life is starting to get back to normal. (starting with a huge pile of pink laundry.)

In the meantime, I will regale you with other things. Like Daisy. She likes Pearl now. In fact I have trouble with her because Pearl will fall asleep and when Daisy walks in, she will squeal, "BABY!!" at some frequency that is perfect for waking up babies. Delightful.

Not only does she love the baby, but she loves all the baby paraphernalia. She sits in the bouncer and the bumbo seat, tries to climb in the bassinet and borrows the baby's blanket while she loans her own to Pearl. But today, she tried something new.


Yep, the bink envy has taken its toll. She is fascinated by the binks and picks them up whenever I am foolish enough to leave them in reach. When she finds one she offers it to Pearl who is usually eating or sleeping and none too interested. Today, Pearl was snoozing as usual, so Daisy found a better use for the bink.



When I took it away, she said, "NO, Daisy!" (which interpreted means 'Mom, she's not using it. Trust me, I am always trying to put it in there and she never wants it, so I am going to try it out for a while.')

And then she proceeded to make it all official.



Oh, didn't I mention her love of the baby's car seat as well?

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

How funny! But really, if the baby isn't using right then... *wink*

Rynell said...

I think your Daisy and my Audrey would get a long very well. As well as toddlers can anyway.