Sunday, April 11, 2010

Freaster

So begins the several Easter posts. Although Easter is well behind us, I must document since I think that I never got around to posting Christmas and I am feeling guilt. (Not that much.)

Saturday was a bit crazy. Family had just arrived and it was General Conference, but we thought we could sneak in the city Easter egg hunt early in the morning. The only problem...it was FREEZING. Let me give you an idea. This is Daisy right before the hunt (with handsome hunk holding her).



This is Daisy when we got to the hunt.



Yep, she had no idea why we had dragged her out into the freezing weather. Granted, when the hunt began, the prospect of candy calmed her down quite a bit. In fact she believes every egg holds candy now. Egg is her favorite word and she is sorely disappointed by empty eggs and the hard-boiled sort.

Back to the freezing hunt. I stayed with Daisy and Tyler manned the other three older munchkins. But since Daisy and I went and warmed up in the car, I don't have very many pictures (like none). Dad did grab a donut with the others and bring them back to the car where I proceeded to eat his donut because I thought he had gotten it for me. (Sorry, honey). Ivory still looks frozen as she works on her donut.



Pearl was lucky enough to stay at home with Grandma Dargan.



Thanks Mom for watching her. I was so glad to keep her out of the lovely winter weather we were having; IN APRIL!!

Saturday was a relaxed day. Conference, reading,



preparing for our own hunt (which wouldn't happen for almost a week). I had the eggs all ready.



Consequently Daisy found them and made short work of about ten of them before we caught her. (Like I said, Daisy was wise to what eggs sheltered now. Good thing she didn't open the ones with money inside, she might have eaten it.)

To be continued...The Crack-Off and our Home Hunt

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

Fun! I can't believe how cold that weekend was! It's Easter for crying out loud!

Desmama said...

Wow, those are some funky-colored eggs. Where'd you find those? They look cool.