Thursday, May 20, 2010

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Instead of talking about the amount of vomit that has visited this house lately (some from yours truly), instead I will show you some of the writing my children have done recently. However, I will mention that I never realized the amount of damage that can be done to a bathroom if the toilet lid is down when someone throws-up. Nuf said.

This first little ditty is from June. They are given a picture at school and told to write a story to go along with it. I was laughing while I read it, so I thought I would put it on here to remember. Most of the story is on the back, so I will write it out so you can read it.



We are aliens. We do not want to be here! We landed on this strange planet! Do you like us, giants? Our spaceship is green. Our spaceship is very very big! Yes it is. And your skin is brown. How unusual. Unusual giants. Boo-hoo we want to go home to alien world. Our favorit food is green. Our favorit color is apple. And you have captured us and your keeping us here. Boo-hoo we want to go home to alien world! Let us go home now please! Or leav us here. Waaaaa!

This one Robyn wrote in church the other day. She has more words that are hard to recognize, but I am impressed with her progress.



I like mom. You are nice to me because you gave me mrecrtwii (MarioCartWii). I like the way you dres. I like your voos (voice). I love your brown her (hair).

Cute huh?

Lastly, June and I were having a conversation the other day. There was a picture of me when I was little (maybe four or five), and June was looking at it.

June: Who's that?
Me: Someone in our family.
June: Well, it can't be Daisy or Pearl because they aren't old enough yet, so it must be Ivory.
Me: Nope.
June: Robyn?
Me: Nope.
June: (face gets all scrunched up in a frown) *Huff* I am not fat.
Me: Thanks you little toad, that is me.
June: (laughing).

Kids, they make you feel so good about yourself. Okay, I was a little chubby when I was a kid. I think I'll go back and read Robyn's note again.

1 comment:

meganmushrat said...

I'm glad to see that the Kelly creativity genes are still going strong. I expect great things from your girls!