Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Real Life



My life is not just good, it is excellent. I would go into details, but I am sure it would just make you all jealous. (Especially the part where I tell you I have been changing diapers for seven years straight.) But sometimes I think it is one's attitude that makes life good; after all, my life is still real.

Real, in that I sat there on Monday night playing Shadows Over Camelot with Daisy on my lap as she threw-up every half hour or so. Despite the less than savory conditions, we still managed to beat the game. (Camille and Eric, you are real troopers for playing despite the added frivolities.)

Real, in that I spent all day doing laundry because I was behind and I still didn't catch up by the end of the day.

Real, in that I listened to my third child have no less than five tantrums today. Man that girl can whine and cry, and yet I love her.

Real, in that I went to the dentist recently and I have over $700 dollars of work that needs to be done. The cavity I can understand, but do I really need the crown?

Real, in that although I have plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables at my house that I could eat, I still managed to steal June's twix and eat that instead. (Don't worry, Tyler bought her another one.)

Real life people. It goes from day to day. Some days are better than others. Some moments are better than others. But all real.

p.s. It is real fun that I get to snug on this one every day.

4 comments:

Heather A said...

I enjoyed this post of yours. I agree that happiness in life is mostly attitude. You can choose to be happy wherever you are and I know plenty of people who are unhappy no matter what. My mom always says to me, "Bloom where you're planted" because of our moving around with school and the Army. I think that is about attitude also. So glad to hear you have a good one. It's what makes life bearable and fun. I think that's also why people can't imagine having more than one or two kids. :) They just need to find the fun of it and ignore the hard parts (because there are plenty of those).

Thanks for reminding me of this. It's been a long day with a short night last night.

Shawn, Ashlee and Addison said...

I'm definitly jealous that you have been changing diapers for 7 years straight! :-) You are very blessed!

Jodi said...

I think you are soooo right. It is all about the attitude that you face life with. I just think 7 years of diapers equals a lot of babies to cuddle over the years. :)

¡Vieve! said...

Good attitude! I hear ya on the dentist thing. I have had so much work done lately, that I can't believe all that's needed in these situations!