Saturday, August 7, 2010

Art You Thinking What I'm Thinking?



I'm thinking that I like going to a FREE art festival. You heard me right. The Park City Art Festival is free on Friday night. We have always ventured out on Saturday, but from here on out, I am liking the evening route. It is cooler (heat wise), and did I mention it is free? Sorry, the more kids you have, the harder it is to do family outings that take moo-la.

We had a really good time. The kids seemed to enjoy the different kinds of art. You will see many things you never expected and I like for them to realize all the varieties of creative there are in the world. Some of the favorites were the large metal bobble head animals. Here is Ivory and Robyn milking the large cow. What kind of milk do you get from a metal cow?



We also saw an area with colorful, Willy Wonka type trees. (If Willy Wonka used metal instead of candy.)



I wish that I had gotten more pictures, but this is the time when Pearl was contentedly chewing on the camera strap and she would voice her discontent whenever we took it away.

We saw some very familiar faces there.



And we shared our goodies as always.



The girls have grown up sharing their treats (something about money again), but I think this is a good character trait to build. Robyn even got her own ice cream cone later on, but she was willing to give all her sisters a bite. Want some?



I was impressed with how well the girls behaved. They stayed close and touched almost nothing. (Except for the large aluminum etched art thingy that read, Please Touch) The man guarding this tree art was especially cranky when he saw small fingers reaching. Perhaps he was worried that he hadn't glued the trees in well enough.



It was a good evening to be out as a family. Put this on your list of things to do next year folks. It is always the first weekend in August. Maybe we will see you there.

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

That looks fun! And-I too have a pic with the metal bear!

Sharona said...

Awsome to expose the kids to stuff. You and your creative self will certainly produce well rounded adults :)