Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Um...School

Yep, it's that time of year, where every blog seems to stop for a moment and mention that the kids are back in school. Mine are going back tomorrow.

Granted, I still get to keep three at home, so it is not like I will be lonely or anything, but I always miss the older ones terribly so. Well, I miss them for the first few days and then things fall into a routine. So much so, that when there is a holiday and all the kids will be home, I wonder how I am going to entertain them all. I need to remember this moment; this feeling of loss. I probably am not the first to admit that I am often tempted by the idea of all FIVE in school. What would that be like? Sadly I don't have long until I find out. Okay, I can't decide whether I like them going back to school or not, but since I don't have a choice, we will just vote in the positive.

YEAH, SCHOOL STARTS TOMORROW!!!

Whatever.

I signed up for the PTA again, but I haven't ever attended a meeting. This may have something to do with the three little ones still at home. When Pearl is in school, I'll probably run the PTA to keep myself busy. (Just kidding. I'll have to bust out my 'list-of-things-to-do-before-I-have-children' that I made when I was 18. See if there is anything on there I can still sneak in. Or cross off for good. No bungee jumping for me now.) I do have to give the PTA some props. They had some excellent coupons this year for signing up. Like a free tie from Missionary Mall, and free Asphalt Pie from Wingers. (So my weakness.) I guess I will keep signing up, as is my duty.

Off to bed. Cute backpack pictures tomorrow to complete the whole back-to-school theme.

No comments: