Wednesday, April 27, 2011

One Year Older, and Wiser Too...


Robyn was my tiny baby. Although she was full-term, because she was growth-restricted, she weighed in at only 5 lbs. 15 oz. I remember setting up my camera and taking a couple of pictures because I wanted to remember how small this little bundle came.


Seven years later and I can't believe how much she has grown, and I'm not just talking about physically. I love that Robyn is distinctly different from her sisters. She has a deep love of animals and nature. (Just today she was telling me that we should walk to the store to save the planet. I told her that I would continue to carpool kids to pre-school and count that as my part in world conservation.) Robyn has great ideas and she listens. She remembers things: Like she has been asking for two years to have breakfast in bed. I still don't really get the idea of breakfast in bed, but nevertheless, she got it today.


I picked her up from school and brought her balloons. She said that was one of her favorite parts of the day. See how happy she is?


Oh, did I mention that she is a joker?

I was much more organized coming into this birthday, so she got a homemade cake. Voila!


I think it turned out cute. And we didn't even burn it down when we added candles. (June was dully concerned.)


In the evening just the two of us went out to a bookstore and we read books together until we got tired. It was a perfect ending to her birthday.(p.s. My favorite was Hooray for Amanda & Her Alligator, it was surprisingly humorous.)

Happy Birthday my sweet Robyn.

4 comments:

Emma Jo said...

Yeah, I am with you on the breakfast in bed but my family did it for every birthday growing up so of course we have to as well. The cake is adorable! I love the banner on it...we have a birthday this weekend, I might just have to copy that cute idea.
Man, I love celebrating these kids.

meganmushrat said...

My favorite part of this blog is the magnetic letters on the refrigerator. I love how somebody put an I and a V together to make another Y. You guys are so creative. Give Robyn a very big hug from her Dargan relatives. I wish we could have been there. I'm glad she had such a good day, and I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures from the upcoming photo shoot!

¡Vieve! said...

Happy birthday to her! I can't believe how old she has gotten. What a great mom you are to do all of that for her.

Rynell said...

What a cutie! Looks like she was celebrated. That cake looks mighty fine too!