Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Chalae's Chalet

I have been putting off this post for too long, mainly because I didn't want to bother with all the pictures and believe me...there are plenty. BUT, the kids often ask for their work to be displayed on the blog and who am I to argue since this corner of cyberspace is really mostly about them anyway. So today, you get a lot of blocks. A LOT. I am always happy when they get the blocks out because I like to see their creativity in action. I remember building with the same blocks when I was a kid. My sister and I would always build mazes for our Barbies to get trapped in. Miranda came up with the most ingenious booby traps. I was jealous that my mind never worked as fast as hers. (Probably still doesn't.) Blocks are great.

This all started back one day when Robyn built a house and called it her Chalet (French for cabin). Tyler had told her to name it that since Robyn's middle name is Chalae (same pronunciation, which for you non-French speakers is 'Shuh-lay'). She was proud of her creation and asked for a picture.


Here is the close-up.


Then the girls (June and Robyn) built a castle. Behold.


Very cool, I think.

Then they got the blocks out again another day and since we have some letter blocks June took it upon herself to form everyone's name. Some were harder than others.


Robyn was busy building more structures. In fact, here is a whole town. (Although I think June helped as well.)


This Robyn creation is pretty complex. I feel badly that I can't remember hardly anything about it except there is an elevator there in the back. But trust me, she could give you the detailed specs.


I like her couch here.


And then she built one large enough to use.


Seen enough blocks? Yeah, me too.

So we will leave you with this cute picture. Pearl was amusing herself while sisters built away. I followed her as she was making a loop. She would walk the curb down to the next driveway, then come back and start again. It just reminds me how big she is getting.

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

These blocks look like so much fun! I want to play with some now.

Cindy B said...

Looks like they were all having a really great time.