Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Pearl to the Power of TWO

So it is all official now. Pearl has left her first year behind and she is two. TWO!! My baby is TWO! There is so much awesomeness about that, but I don't want to get into my ponderings on the changing stages of my life. Let's just celebrate with this cutie.

Despite what I threatened, we did get stuff for her and it wasn't bubblewrap. (Although that would have been cool.) However, our offerings possibly weren't much better than bubblewrap. Yes, behold, an eyeball.


And books.


Okay, books are definitely better than bubblewrap. You know how kids can get fixated on one book and look at it over and over? Well, Pearl's book of choice at the moment is Pinkalicious. (I think because it has cupcakes.) The copy we have was getting very worn and the pages were starting to rip, so we got her her own copy to destroy slowly. And I have seen her read it every day since she got it. Granted that is only two days, but that is consistency for a two year old.

This picture was me distracting Pearl long enough for her to look up. In all the pictures she was looking down. (As if presents are more interesting than her mom taking photos.)


We saved the best present for last. And naturally it is one of those toys from MY childhood that we pull out every other year or so and it seems brand new to all the kids. I always let all the cool presents be from Dad. That way the kids will love him more, and then someday they will realize who really bought them all the good presents. It will be too late by then. They will all be daddy's girls. (I can handle that.) So, anyway...Marble Works. (Does it look familiar mom?)


Dad helped her start it off.


It was a pretty crazy set-up and there were four other girls vying for a turn.


But she got the hang of it right away.


June would scoop up handfuls and feed them to Pearl.


Who, in turn would, feed them all directly into the contraption. Two year old bliss.


This also has been used by all the children multiple times a day. I figure it is good for another month and then back to the garage to dazzle us all again in a few years.

There were other birthday staples like balloons (not pictured) and cake. Actually, I tried my hand at cake balls. I now know many things NOT to do again. The goal was to make a 'pearl' for each cupcake. You may lie and tell me that they look just like enormous pearls on those shells.


Pearl figured out the candles easily enough.


And then she was down to business. For the record, cake balls are way less crumbly than cupcakes. Novel too. I think I see more of them in our future.



Pearl had a good birthday, even if she didn't know that's what it was. I think most days are pretty good in her book. Here she is fresh from the tub. Those eyes are awesome.

Way to be two, little one!

2 comments:

Emma Jo said...

I can't believe she is already two, and I have never even met you guys! What a cutie pie, and the cake balls? very impressive and pearl-like :)

¡Vieve! said...

Happy birthday to tiny Pearl - and yes, the cakes do look like pearls! That marble contraption looks awesome.