Friday, March 9, 2012

Clogging

June started clogging in January. The opportunity to dance at a competition came up very quickly. I told June that she didn't need to go. But she really wanted to attend. I was a little worried that she would be nervous or disappointed, but I think she had a great experience. AND, she learned four out of the five solos before she went. Good job June.

There were so many kids to dance the solos that they lined them up in rows and had each line dance back to back. (Not a bad idea to get everyone through quickly.)


I like that the lady who runs our studio keeps the costumes simple and modest. And I think it helps the kids focus on the dancing and not the show.


June did a great job. She remembered everything. Except to smile. I don't think she has learned that one yet.


Only three girls came from June's class. (This competition was not mandatory.) Lots of kids came from the younger class though. So fun for them to get a feel for the big world of clogging. (I think June's class is called 'Sparklers' but that might be the name of the little class too. I am kinda new at all this too.)


June received a medal for competing and a first place pin for each of the solos she did.


Yep, you heard right...first place. Okay, so all the young kids got first place. I still think she did a really good job. I love watching my girls grow and explore new talents and interests.

4 comments:

Beth said...

I think I know that lady... she's kind of a crazy, and kind of awesome! glad June had a great time. :)

Alissa said...

oh my word... she looks sorta grown up all of a sudden...

¡Vieve! said...

Huzzah for first place! I always wanted to clog so badly as a youngster - I hope she keeps it up!

meganmushrat said...

I don't think they had 'clogging' classes when I was a kid. Just ballet and possibly tap dance. I'm delighted that June has this new interest, and hope she has a lot of fun with it. She'll have to show us her talent when we come to visit!