Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Terrible Two?

I am actually hoping Pearl will mellow out a bit when she turns two. I don't have great hopes, mind you, but one can dream.

She isn't two yet, but I don't feel bad posting a little early about her, because let's face it...she isn't getting much for her birthday. We have too many toys, too many clothes, too many movies. What could she possibly need? Yes, we will still celebrate, but I may just put bubblewrap in a box, let her open it and pop it to her heart's content. Who knows? But it will be pretty low-key.

Pearl had her well check-up today and amazingly did not cry at all when they gave her a shot. She had a surprised look, but then I distracted her and I guess she decided it wasn't worth the effort. (Wish she would decide that more often.) The only other child who made it out without crying was Robyn once. I had her all prepared with a sucker that I was going to give her after the shots. They gave her the shots and she didn't even seem to notice. (Must have been watching that sucker pretty hard.) It was very anticlimactic to give her the treat.

Here's some Pearly lovin' just to get ready for the big 2!




Quite the sass, but I still love to snuggle her.

p.s. Happy leap-year day. What did you do with an extra day that normally isn't there? Me...not much actually.

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

How fab that she didn't cry when she got the shot. I'm still working up to that myself. ;)