Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sweet Six

Does this look like the face of a girl who got to get up and open presents first thing in the morning?


Ivory was born on a holiday and her birthday fell on the holiday again. So, since she had no prior obligations, she started the day in style. (For the record, we asked if she wanted pancakes, but that would have slowed down the present opening.) I really should buy some birthday paper and stop using Christmas paper for everything.


I let the older girls pick things out for her and I liked their choices.


Ivory only asked for one specific thing, and I was very happy to find a HelloKitty Backpack suitcase at Target. Ivory has finally told me that she would settle for any backpack suitcase but I was glad I found exactly what she wanted. (This is probably the last year I will be able to afford her birthday requests. Next year she'll probably want an iPad.)


Robyn knew precisely what Ivory likes. This coloring book was right up her alley.


Grandma came and whisked her off for shopping, which gave me just enough time to make her 'cake.' Ivory had some requests for the cake too. I think we covered all her desires. And then we put it all into the shape of a '6' for kicks.


I love this picture here. That's my Ives.


And here she is blowing out those candles. You can't see it here, but she is eying the last lit candle.



We also got her balloons. She looks like a little Indian in this picture.


I think that is the third outfit for the day and I know she changed at least two more times. No wonder there is so much laundry around here.

But the important thing is that she felt beautiful and had a great birthday.

She didn't get a friend party this year, but we took her to Chuck E. Cheese (as per request) with the family. I need to get those pictures from a friend, but you'll have to trust me that she had a good time.

Happy Birthday Ivory. I love being your mother.

3 comments:

Emma Jo said...

Kid birthdays make me happy because it is so easy to make them happy.

¡Vieve! said...

Happy birthday Ivory! Those cupcakes look crazy delish.

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

What a sweet girl and sweet birthday. :) The cupcakes look delicious!!