Saturday, February 18, 2012

Did You Ever Wonder?

Robyn has a creative bug in her. She makes things up. She draws awesome pictures. And she makes me laugh. A. LOT.

I need to show you some of her latest pieces.

The first she brought home from school. Apparently the kids were supposed to do a project describing how to do something. I love Robyn's interpretation of How to Play the Piano:


You can probably read most of those, but I need to document it as well since the pictures in my blog book are not that big and it would be a shame to miss all the funny details.

How to Play the Piano
1. Get a piano.
2. Know the alphabet to at least G.
3. Start with beginner books.
4. C position is where you will start in beginers.
5. C position is where you see to black keys.
6. Have any person that can play piano for a teacher.
7. Start playing.
8. When you get to G position it is where you put your hands in betwen the three black keys.
9. Get new piano books when you finish level one (level two books should be green).
10. Be good for your piano teacher.

(I think my favorite is number 2.)

She also did this fabulous artwork on the other page of the book.


Things she labeled:
*gtar
*violin
*bow for violin
*piano
*weird drum
*case
*drumset
*Aallstralia yellow after the rain thing
*malets that play the Allstralia thing
*drum sticks

And finally she wrote this story just a while ago. It was on a scrap piece of paper. But it made me laugh and it had to be documented:



The Swirl Story

Once there was a swerl. The swerl was diffrent from the rest. It liked that! Alone came a SNAIL and grabed the swerl for a HOME and the swerl dindnt like that. The swerl was sad for the rest of his life.

THE END.

5 comments:

Scott and Svetlana said...

Holy guacamole, this kid is smart! But what is "Aallstralia yellow after the rain thing"? Scott and I was trying to come up with something but guess what, we could't :(

Bugers n' Gelato said...

Poor swerl! This needs to be copywrited before someone steals it and you will see it in a modern art gallery. :)

¡Vieve! said...

I really like step one in the 'how to play the piano' how-to. "Get a piano" like they're all over the place. I laughed so hard at all of these.

Raging Stallion said...

For everyone who wonders what the "Australian Yellow After the Rain thing" is, Robyn is referring to the Marimba (which is actually an African percussive instrument somewhat similar to a xylophone, but MUCH cooler). Her father, that'd be me, was 1996 Idaho State Champion on the marimba playing a piece titled, "Yellow After the Rain." Here is a passable representation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8aB-fZ3OuE.

Doug and Becca said...

She is so stinkin' CUTE! I also love #2, hilarious. She did a good job describing where to find c and g position as well. I'll have to remind her about her last step when she doesn't want to play a song for me :)

I love her swerl story as well. Especially the part where the swerl will be sad for the rest of his life. Too Cute!