Sunday, February 12, 2012

Hip Hop at Music Night

We had a ward music night in January. It was our second annual one and it was such a blast. We always try to get our kids involved because it seems like an easy way to make them feel special. (There is nothing like getting up on a stage in front of an audience to make kids feel like they a star.) Last year we did Little White Duck, and this year we opted for another easy option, Five Little Ducks. Seriously, it doesn't get much easier than that. The kids had a blast. The only problem is that we have been cleaning up feathers for weeks at the church.

I mean half the fun of performing is dressing up. I thought yellow boas were just the ticket. And then I painted their noses because face paint makes everything more official. Cute ducks huh?



Here is the video of the performance. Tyler is harder to hear because his mic was not on.



Then I was also in a hip hop number that was choreographed by a dancer in our ward. She did one last year and it was so fun, I had to try again. Granted I dance like a white girl, but I still had a blast. I am on the far right in front. And later on the left in back. And yes, I do a round-off right off the stage. (I am awesome like that. And I won't talk about how much it hurt the first time because I am old and stiff. Definitely stretch before trying that one.) 


It was a great experience. Here I am in my costume. 


And here are most of us together. Yes, Chelsea has a green face because she did a Wicked number afterward. (That girl has pipes.)

Tricia, Jamie, Chelsea, Maleen, Aubry, and Camille
Love you ladies. It was such a blast.

4 comments:

Emma Jo said...

So fun! and adorable, and impressive! I definitely would have pulled something.

¡Vieve! said...

Those are some cute costumes, sounds like a lot of fun. I couldn't get the videos to work, sadly, but maybe from a different computer - I'll give it a try.

Scott and Svetlana said...

OMG, that sounds like LOTS of fun! Five little ducks looked really cute!!! And you, girls, have some juice in you! Way to go!
What a great idea for your ward to have this awesome Music Night, we gotta see if our (boring) ward would do something like that.

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

Love the little ducks! Looks like lots of fun, wish we were there!