Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Did I Mention More Performances?

Friday was a crazy day of running to and fro to see children perform. It gets a little tricky when they don't all go to the same school, but we made it work.

June was in this fabulous dance festival in the morning, but because of some misinformation and construction, I didn't arrive on the scene until moments before June's grade danced. I found her in the crowd and lifted both my babies so they could see her and we watched and cheered and then it was all over with no camera involved. There's the excuse on that one. But I did take a picture of her later doing a rather dramatic recreation of the Captain Feathersword dance.


Then we zipped over to Ivory's school to see her Kindergarten graduation performance. The teacher had them learn a whole bunch of patriotic songs and I'll be darned if they weren't as good as the second graders. Once again I surfed through a whole bunch of pictures since Tyler took 113. (That is NOT an exaggeration, I counted again. He really has a happy camera finger.) Ivory is the farthest to the right.


The room was pretty crowded with parents and family. Daisy and Pearl were fairly good, all things considered. See, Pearl is digging it.


Eventually they all sat down and put on their graduation hats, except Ivory of course. I think hers was a little too big.


They all received a special certificate from Miss Phair.


At the end we got a picture of Ivory with some of her friends from the neighborhood.


And then amazingly Tyler managed to get this picture where all the kids are sitting so cute and wearing their hats. This is amazing because I never saw Ivory wear her hat (except right when they handed them out) and I certainly didn't think Ivory was over with all those kids on the stage. In fact I remember thinking, 'Oh well, she won't be in those pictures, but that is not the end of the world.' And then I go looking through the 113 (sheesh) pictures and low and behold, there was Ivory, smack dab in the middle.


Just goes to show that I am not the most attentive parent, or maybe I was watching Pearl at the time. Yes, let's go with that story.

I took one more photo when we got home. Her face is not exactly in focus (sorry Tyler) but this is her sweet Ivory smile. I probably don't have long before this baby tooth smile will be gone for good, and I sure love it.


1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

Fun times! We sure didn't do anything like this when I was in school, so interesting to see how things change.