Wednesday, May 9, 2012

An Overview of the Baptism in 50 Pictures or Less

Actually, I have a little over 30 pictures, but now it doesn't seem like too many, right? How it really went, was that I didn't have the camera most of the time, so imagine to yourself a wedding with all those Kodak Cameras sitting around waiting for mischievous people to pick them up and take random photos. Well, there was only one camera, but in the hands of Kolby, you get the same effect. And because a lot of random photos of people I love are better than no photos (which often happens when I am in charge) I will go ahead and put a lot of them on here. Now he can be famous and see what a fabulous photographer he would make. Most of these were taken as we waited for the baptism to start. Amazingly, we were on time. :)

Oh, I did snap this first one before everyone started arriving. I do love a daddy and daughter both dressed in white.


And now, in no particular order:













Robyn had a great baptismal service. Her Grandma Dargan and Grandpa Cazier spoke and both gave amazing talks. No one else in our ward was being baptized the same day, so Robyn got to choose the whole program. She even had all the Cazier men sing at the end. (They did a really good job.)

Then we came back to our house and feasted. Well, snacked might be a better term, since I am not sure you can say feast unless there is some kind of large bird involved. There wasn't much time between set up and arrival of guests. Actually, some guests beat us home. So I didn't get the perfect shot of everything set up so beautifully, like something you would see on Pinterest. (Okay, I don't actually aspire to be on Pinterest, but I do like to take nice pictures.) Anyway, my favorite thing was the donuts on a stick. I originally wanted to make those cool sugar cookies that Melissa made last time. But I was scared they wouldn't stay on a stick. So, plan B was to do cake pops and I was going to put two on a stick, so it looked somewhat like an '8'. I was having mini nightmares about getting all these cake pops done and then I saw a donut on a stick on Pinterest (speak of the devil.) I am smart enough to decide that TWO donuts on a stick looks kinda like an '8' as well. And all my stress went out the window in one click. I like me some cake pops, but probably more if someone else makes them. Phew.


Once again I didn't have the camera much. I think Tyler took the majority of these. Again, in no particular order.













 We managed to catch Jack and Rozz this time, but I noticed a startling lack of a picture of Robyn and Grandma Dargan (which I specifically asked for) and Pearl didn't really show up anywhere. Trust me, Pearl was there doing her thing; she just doesn't sit still long.

By the time people were filtering out, Robyn had had her fill. She was still chilled from her dip earlier, so she grabbed a blanket and snuggled up next to Kolby. Moments later, she was sawing logs.


The adults sat around gabbing and the topic turned to shoes. Tyler was bemoaning that the people at work make fun of him for wearing old man shoes. He said that he always denied the fact until he looked under his shoe one time and the name brand was safeTstep. (That kind of screams old man shoes.) Kolby, intrigued, looked under his own shoes. Look, twinners.


Even more bizarre is that we noticed later that Tyler and JR sport the same athletic shoes...just different colors.


Apparently none of the apples fell far from each other. But I don't mind. Those brothers are some of the best men I know.

And so the day closed with another baptism under our belt. Two down, three to go. We sure are proud of these beautiful girls we have.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations to Robyn! Those are great pictures.

¡Vieve! said...

Ha, some of these pictures are priceless in what was captured. Congrats to Robyn, and that sounds like a great day for all.

Sharona said...

The Lord couldn't be more pleased that a worthy father baptized his daughter. She's lovely and what a great day.