Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Creating an Heirloom?

Hello. Remember me? Yeah, I have been busy and out of town. I have all these great pictures....I hope. I took a disposable camera with me to Washington and found out today that it takes a week to develop them. Hmmm...more reasons why I don't use those things normally. So, we'll just put my mini-vacation on hold for a moment.

And I have barely gotten myself organized since I came back. Man, five kids keep you hopping. But I didn't want to ignore my blog for too long, so you get some filler.

My mother gave me an embroidery piece a while back. It was so fun with many patterned squares, but I didn't know what to do with it. It sat around and the kids would pick it up occasionally and admire the different colors and patterns. I wanted to display it somehow.

So finally I took it in to be framed. It wasn't until later that I learned my grandmother made it. (I'm sure my mother mentioned this the first time, but sometimes I don't listen well.) I tell my kids stories about Grandma Pat every once in a while, so it is fun to have something she made in our house.

Now it hangs on the wall. I really like it.


And here is a detailed shot.


We don't have a lot of things from past generations, and I am happy to have this lovely piece.

2 comments:

meganmushrat said...

I had forgotten how cool this piece is, and I am thrilled that it has a place of honor in your house. Be sure to write up a little thing on who made it and tape it to the back so that future generations will know as well. I should do that with my cross-stitches as well!

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

I love old stuff.