Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow

No really...we need more snow. It dumped on us a few weekends back, but now we are back to dry. Last winter was a joke, precipitation wise. So, we really need the moisture this year to make up for it. I had heard that there would be more snow, but I haven't seen any sign of it.

But going back to that one snowy weekend, it was fun to let the kids go out and romp. Of course, it is always a huge process getting everyone ready to go.


But if you are dressed right, then you can do silly things like lie down in the snow and wave your arms and legs back and forth. (Who doesn't like doing that?)


We sent everyone out at once, so all the wiggles could escape.


We have winter gear that passes from one child to the next, but you can notice that we haven't acquired snow pants in June's size yet. Her next choice of snow pants is interesting, and probably pretty cold.


Daisy spent a lot of time cleaning off the bench, so she could sit there and look cute. (Mission accomplished.)


Robyn dutifully made a snowman, and I am thinking that she takes after her mother in this department. And in case you're wondering, I have YET to build a decent snowman. (Don't hold your breath). I lightly outlined the snowman in photoshop so you can see him.


I like how some of the kids chose to warm up. If you can get your feet warm, most likely, the rest of your body will follow.


Tyler took all those pictures. I tend to hide inside and watch the snow. But not this year. I was smart enough to plan to run a race on the storm weekend. Here I am stretching and getting ready to run the Draper Crazy Course.



It was really cold. And whereas, in those pictures, it looks pretty clear and nice....where I actually ran the race, it snowed the entire time. There was a mile stretch where the snow was blowing directly into my face. The flakes were piling up on my eyelashes. The course was a bit longer than a 5K. It was charted to be 3.3 miles and it went over all sorts of terrain: large fields, railroad tracks, muddy hills, forested trails. It was really fun to run, even with all the snow.

My feet were soaked by the end. My time was 35:30 which was about a 10:45 pace. I feel pretty good about that considering the weather. McKenzie was there running with me. I have to admit, it is nice to have company when you are freezing.

But since that weekend, no snow around here. Let's hope we have a white Christmas coming.

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

I'm not gonna lie, I think running tights are some of the greatest things ever invented. Good race time, too.