Monday, November 5, 2012

October Wrap Up

I need to get these last few images on the blog, because I'm pretty sure you don't want to be reading about Halloween adventures while eating your leftover turkey sandwiches.

I have ALL this stuff pinned for Halloween, so I thought I should use some ideas to relieve some of the pinning guilt. So, on the last few days of October, we had spooky snacks after school.

I forgot to take pictures of the monster mouths, but here are the spider brownies.


Really, I just had leftover brownies, but you could use cupcakes as well. Or anything that sits on a plate really.

We also made tombstone cups. Chocolate pudding and a Milano cookie are yummy together.


And then I cheated and got the Jack-o-Lantern pizza from Papa Murphy's for dinner on Halloween. The kids loved it. And since it is take and bake, I got it early in the day and didn't have to worry about picking it up at the right time for everyone to eat.


Not that we had a busy schedule that evening. I already mentioned that we just chilled on Halloween and opened the door for trick or treaters while watching a movie. Very calm. I'm thinking that should become a family tradition.

Halloween and October are fading into the past quickly. November is here, Daylight savings has ended. (Don't we all LOVE. Daylight. savings...) The carved pumpkins have rotted themselves down to a slimy pile.  Everyone is on facebook talking about how grateful they are. You think the holidays would be a bit more considerate and ask when we are ready. I'm not. But come they will, and I will love them anyway. You just can't stay mad at a holiday...

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

What a fun bunch of treats, and so nice to just chill out on Halloween. Smart thinking.

meganmushrat said...

Halloween has come and gone
Now we must be moving on.
Next, Thanksgiving comes in sight
Where we feast to our delight.
Christmas pounces much too fast
But how we wish that it would last.
We celebrate the year that's gone
Then back to boring - life goes on.