Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Dental Adventures

Along this road of moving, we have had a few teeth gone missing. Well, they are all accounted for; they just are not where they started.

June lost one or two in there. Here is a picture of one of her gaps.


There isn't much drama when it comes to June. She usually just comes up and says, "Lost another tooth."

Ivory however, is losing her front teeth and that is a pretty big deal. Her teeth get so loose and just hang on by a strand. Here was the first one taking its time.


There were many evenings of this.


I finally just pulled it out one evening. One down...


Meanwhile, Robyn was recommended to the orthodontist. Yipee Skipee. Braces weren't the first prescription because she had some teeth that needed to come out. Four to be exact. One fateful day I took her in and they took out two on each side.


Luckily, since they were baby teeth, they weren't too hard to extract and they healed super quickly. Although I recommend not watching the actual process. It is fairly brutal the way they rip teeth out.

Back at the farm, Ivory's second tooth was not far behind the first. It got so wiggly that you could see the gap on one side, and yet it was still hanging in there. Kind gross really. We went to the school carnival and they drew a tooth on her cheek.


I pulled on that thing plenty, but Robyn was the ultimate extractor in this case. I was gone somewhere and when I came home, there was a tooth and a very proud Robyn. Well, Ivory was pretty proud too.


She wrote a really cute note to the tooth fairy. I didn't scan it, but this is what it said:

Dear tooth fairy,

It's so cool that I lost my teeth like one week apart! Under my pillow is my tooth and my picture that I want you to color and give me next time I lose a tooth. I hope the next tooth I lose is a canine, but that wouldn't be for a long, long time, and since it will take a long time just to get it lose you'll have plenty of time to color my picture. I don't know your name and it dosen't just make sense to call you tooth fairy cause that could be any tooth fairy, so I would like it if you told me your real name. 

love your child,

Ivory

p.s. I cut my hair

p.p.s. I have a big gap where some front teeth should be.

p.p.p.s. Pick one picture you want to color and leave the rest under my pillow or you can take all of them and color them. 

Maybe the good news out of all of this is that I won't need to get Ivory any presents for Christmas. Perhaps all she will want for Christmas will be her two front teeth...

1 comment:

meganmushrat said...

Dad and I love the letter that Ivory sent to the tooth fairy. I wonder if she should show up in one of my stories . . .