Monday, January 27, 2014

Days Are Passing

Anyone noticed that February is on the front porch, knocking rather impatiently? Give me a minute.

These last couple weeks I have been floating along, much like the lazy river. I'm having trouble focusing, or picking a project that best deserves my time. I'm still making sure my ducks are floating in a row beside me, and we have been keeping up on the usual. Check out this fun project that Ivory did. Any guesses on which book she read?

Caps for Sale, in case you have no clue.

I need to drink more water. Sorry, that isn't necessarily related to anything. I've just noticed for a long time that I probably am not well hydrated. I don't feel thirsty or lacking in liquid, but if you are supposed to drink 8 glasses of water a day, I am about 6 glasses shy. (I just don't think about it.) It only crosses my mind whilst I am staring at tea* for a really long time, at the store, looking for 'orange' (which they didn't have) and becoming lightheaded. I thought to myself, Pearl would really freak out if I dropped in a dead faint here at the store. Plus, the milk would get warm and I certainly don't want to start this whole shopping trip over again. Maybe I should drink more water. You know, stuff like that.

I still am behind on many a blogging topic, including finishing off Christmas. I don't like any Christmas/December posts to go beyond January, so you can see why I feel like February is breathing down my neck. (Back off, you're supposed to be the month of LOVE.) So maybe I can get motivated this week and really get all my ducks in a row.

Looking back through pictures today, I saw my lame attempts at documenting our time in Idaho right before New Year's. (I like to relax in Idaho, but that also means less pictures.) I got a shot of Pearl stacking the suitcases by the door before departing.

Packing around here is a ritual in itself. There is a master packing list, and each child has their own suitcase. The older children manage the younger ones and 85% of the time, we aren't missing anything. The other 15% of the time, it is usually me who has forgotten my pajamas. (Seriously, why are pajamas so hard to remember?)

In Idaho, we didn't stay for long, but we played with cousins and had a grand time. Tyler took on Kaysen and Hank and beat them at their own game. (I can't tell you what it was called or how it was played, but it looked cool and very confusing.)

Lots of UNO was played, because that seemed the easiest way to win a game and gain a prize. (Grandma had the bag o' prizes which gets a little stranger every year.)

Everyone had a good time. Seriously.

We sure love visiting the crew in Idaho. It's a great time. Every time. (I figure I have another year until KJ outgrows me. Those boys are like magic beans. They shoot right up.)

*No, I don't drink tea. I found this recipe for spicy bread pudding using dried apricots and cherries and the flavor from orange tea. Now that I can't find any orange tea, any suggestions for how to flavor the dish?


Aubry Macbean said...

I'm not sure any of these will work but here are my three ideas: orange oil, orange extract(if you can find any), or boil some orange peels in water. Not sure what else orange tea has in it for flavoring. I'm right there with you and the water. It gets to be night time and all of a sudden I realize I haven't had that much water and get really thirsty and drink a whole bunch. Which means I get a lack of sleep on those nights too.

meganmushrat said...

Orange koolaid? I should drink more water too. Glad you had such a good time in Idaho.

¡Vieve! said...

That spicy bread sounds delicious, hopefully you post it if you ever find a makeshift ingredient. I too, always forget pajamas on trips, it's so weird.