Friday, April 25, 2014

Final Crack in the Road

I need to record the last Crack Off we had before it gets lost in the archives. (Because now I know that does happen sometimes.)

We like to do a neighborhood Crack Off to inspire people to take the event home and carry on the tradition. Add that to the fact that we are living in a new neighborhood, so there is plenty of fresh blood.

My mom was still in town, and unsurprisingly she came up with two more stellar egg designs. Spoiler: She totally won the design contest with Harold.


Don't forget the hidden snail the octopus was gunning for.


I made a couple more eggs as well. My Faberge came in second.


Tyler always does his last minute, but they are still amazing. (Dave came in third. We swept the podium.)


I apologize that I do not have pictures of our design competition. There was one in particular that I loved, but it was eaten by the time I thought about taking individual pictures. (Egg casualties, they can be pretty final.) This is the best I got. Okay, it stinks...


Lest you think that our neighbors are weak-sauce, let me put your mind at ease. Here is a battle involving a huge brown egg, and one painted with nail polish. The brown one was so large, we nicknamed it the 'Raptor' egg. (For the record, nail polish did not help. You can scratch that one off the list of potential cheats.)


The Raptor egg did rather well. Terrie was in total disbelief when she lost at the end.


But our winner was Jana.


Does she look familiar? Look closely in this post. Did you see her? She is Hannah's Mom!! Two winners from one family in the same day. I suspect foul play. Not really. However she boiled her egg though....I want the recipe.

Like last year I allowed Robyn to take on the winner. Champion battle.


And Robyn LOST. It is a good thing too. I was beginning to think she was invincible.


We played some 'My Team' later. It was a good group.


My favorite moments include everyone asking each other if they were a pig or cow. (It sounded insulting, but our category was farm animals.) Most people did not know what a gander is. Do you? And Aktar wore the viking hat to cover his smile. Apparently his lips give him away when he lies.


I'm not sure if this is true, but he did much better the second round when we did ice cream flavors.

After the party, it was my family's last night, so we stayed up late and played Scotch Bridge. I think Tim felt picked on. One hand he bid zero and then threw out a 6. Most likely, someone should have something higher. It didn't go so well for him.


Take a closer look.


Ha ha. What are the chances? We all had a card lower. Too bad it wasn't poker. That would be a nice hand.

Good times. It puts me in the mood to play games. I think I need to go talk some children into losing playing a game.

1 comment:

meganmushrat said...

It was a wonderful evening. In fact, probably the best night I was there. Wish we lived closer so we could get together more often. Dad loves Skeletor and Stormy - can't understand why they didn't win.