Tuesday, April 15, 2014

My Family Does Crack

Ah...the family crack-off. It is the highlight of Easter time. And we still have a couple crack-offs to go, but I need to get rolling on these (pun intended) or I will never get everything posted.

My family (Dargan) is great about coming out to celebrate with us. I admit that I was very saddened that my Dad didn't attend this year. This is the first time, in a long time, that he hasn't come, and the absence of his amazing egg designs was felt. But Miranda came and seemed to fill in nicely. In fact, I had to talk her into decorating some eggs, and I'm so glad she did. Let's check out the gallery for this year.












I warned the kids a LOT not to touch other people's eggs. I didn't want anything to get cracked early. I warned and I warned, but all to no avail. Someone picked up Ivory's rainbow egg and accidentally dropped it on her other egg, cracking her ice cream sandwich. Most embarrassing, was that the person was ME. Yes, I cracked her egg. I confess. This isn't the first time I have done this either. Tim was very quick to remind me of another year in which I cracked his egg. He dubbed me an 'egg-wrecker.' I don't disagree.

But it did lead to Ivory making another egg that I really liked. Her bat egg was super cute. I took a picture from two angles. And I labeled it wrong. Technically, it is called Swirley Moonlight. I was close.


The art judging is taken very seriously.


It is always very hard to decide on your top five. (And no, you can't vote for your own eggs.) These are some good looking eggs.


Votes are in. The winner is Deceptive Rose. (And she wasn't even going to design her eggs.)


Then we put the fluffy stuff aside and got down to the cracking. June and Tyler started us off. Of course, they missed each other's egg three times.


Minion is taking out Flowerbed.


Check out Tim's game face. He is a serious cracker.


In case you are wondering, we draw names randomly. You never know who you will face off against.


Here are the littles cracking off.


And then there were two contenders. Robyn vs. Mom.


She slaughtered me. Robyn never even had to use her second egg. This makes two years running for this girl. Maybe she has a strategy that I don't know about. I must watch her closely next year.


Always a good time. Thanks family, for the great memories.

*Dad, I expect you to weigh in on your favorite eggs, since you weren't there to vote in person.

1 comment:

Scott and Svetlana said...

Ah family egg-cracking-time :) So fun to look at the pictures. Robin is "kicking-your-b.." :) Love this time of the year.