Thursday, January 7, 2010

I am resolved to having computer problems...does that count as a resolution?

For the record, the internet is still not working on my computer. I have silently cursed all things technological and am now resorting to using Tyler's computer. He still thinks there is hope for my machine but the fact that he is ordering parts online instead of buying them at a nearby store makes me less hopeful that things will be resolved quickly.

I apologize in advance for Christmas posts and the like. I would like to put it all behind me now and focus on the new year (not that I have ANY resolutions besides having a baby) but I really should document some of the festivities.

This picture makes me laugh.



We went up to Thanksgiving Point to see ice sculptures or something like that. It was a total bust. I think it was originally supposed to be a contest but I don't think they had any takers (ice-sculpting is probably more popular in places like Alaska) so instead they had some guy who was going to come do a demonstration. Unfortunately the guy's other job (what? He doesn't solely ice sculpt for a living?) had an emergency and he wasn't able to stay, so when we arrived there was a chunk of ice with some cuts in it.

None to thrilling, let me tell you. The kids did enjoy seeing the reindeer they had on display and we had hot chocolate because it was freezing and who doesn't like hot chocolatey goodness?



Then we went home. Perhaps a waste of time, but it did qualify under family bonding and that's what matters, right?

1 comment:

Emma Jo said...

That is a funny story about the ice sculpting thing. Yes, family togetherness is always a good thing, especially when it involves hot chocolate and adorably bundled little girls.