Monday, September 6, 2010

Homework

June got her first 'big' assignment last week. Her class is supposed to do book report projects each month. This month, they are assigned to read a picture book, or short chapter book and make a puppet of the main character.

Our house is plenty stocked with books, so I sent June upstairs to pick one. I was pleasantly surprised by her choice, and we had a lot of fun making her puppet. Let's see how many of you can guess the main character or the book.


I obviously helped with this project, but most of it was gluing, since I don't trust June with a glue gun. (Since I, the adult, still managed to burn myself three times.) She did all the painting and managed much of the building. I think she is fairly proud of her finished product.

2 comments:

Deanne said...

I'm totally impressed. That is one amazing puppet! And..it's Punchinello, right? (You Are Special)

meganmushrat said...

That is one good-looking puppet! I hadn't realized how talented my grandchildren are. Can she do a funny voice to go with it?